In today’s challenging marketplace, education and training are important steps for industry professionals to undertake to remain competitive. Our education objective is to provide topics on the most current issues affecting the building industry.
REF courses offered throughout the year include (but not limited to):
- Business Management for Building Professionals
- High-Performance Homes
- Energy Efficient Framing
- Marketing & Communications Strategies Aging and Accessibility (CAPS I)
- Design/Build Solutions for Aging and Accessibility (CAPS II)
- OSHA 10-Hour Safety Training
- Universal Design/Build
WHAT HAS CHANGED WITH THE 2015 INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODE (IRC) AND HOW WILL IT AFFECT MY BUSINESS?
The 2015 IRC course will focus on the major changes to the 2015 Residential Code for New York State that will impact the designing and construction of residential construction. The new codes become mandatory beginning October 3, 2016.
1. Understand the major changes between the 2009* and the 2015 Residential Code
2. Create an awareness of changes that will have a significant impact on residential construction.
3. Address the changes in both the IRC and Energy Code
Some of the major changes to be presented:
1. Emergency escape required for all habitable basements and attics
2. ALL floor assemblies to be fire resistant rated (including basements)
3. Mandatory Blower Door Testing to achieve 3 ACH50
4. New design values for SYP, Douglas-fir and others
5. Several New Deck requirements
6. Whole house mechanical ventilation now required
OSHA 10- and/or 30-Hour OnLine General Industry or Construction Training
Meet regulatory and compliance needs without travel costs, schedule issues, or lost productivity. Consistently train all workers globally, any shift, any day and at any time using Summit's 10- or 30-Hour General Industry or Construction OnLine training courses. Summit's powerful OTIS (Online Training & Informational System) platform, allows you to choose the elective courses so you can tailor the training to your exact job needs. Upon completion, students will receive an OSHA course completion card.
For More Information on the OSHA 10 and 30-Hour Online Construction Training and how to register, please contact Juli Turner (NYSBA REF) at (518) 465-2492 Ext. 110 or by email at, email@example.com