Protecting member interest is the primary goal of The New York State Builders Association, - we are - The Voice of the Building Industry in New York State. Two full-time lobbyists work throughout the year on your behalf, promoting legislation and regulation beneficial to the building and remodeling industries and defeating legislation and regulation that is detrimental.
YOUR VOICE COUNTS - Throughout the legislative session, you will receive Action Alerts urging you to contact your legislator on issues pertinent to our industry. Outreach with your legislator is only a click away.
NYSBA’s Board of Directors sets legislative priorities. At the annual Winter Board Meeting each December, legislative priorities are discussed and an agenda is set for the following year. This meeting is open to all NYSBA members and we encourage your attendance.
NYSBA works on your behalf continuously and strives to meet the following goals:
- Promote a healthy New York marketplace for builders, remodelers, home improvement contractors, land developers, lenders and consumers.
- Prevent industry over-regulation by state government.
- Establish reasonable, cost effective regulations and programs to promote affordable workforce housing.
- Ensure constant flow of properly zoned and regulated land for new housing development.
- Educate land use decision makers at the local level who affect planning and zoning.
- Promote a positive image of the building and remodeling industries in New York State.
- Provide consumers with resources to choose a reputable builder, remodeler or home improvement contractor.