The new Codes became mandatory effective October 3, 2016.
- Understand the major changes between the 2009* and the 2015 Residential Code
- Create an awareness of changes that will have a significant impact on residential construction.
- Address the changes in both the IRC and Energy Code.
Some of the major changes to be presented:
- Emergency escape required for all habitable basements and attics.
- ALL floor assemblies to be fire resistant rated (including basements). Exceptions apply, that include using 2x10's or 12's.
- Mandatory Blower Door Testing to achieve 3 ACH50
- New design values for SYP, Douglas-fir, and others.
- Several New Deck requirements
- Whole-house mechanical ventilation now required.
* NYS code presently is based on the 2009 ICC codes with several NYS exceptions, = 6 years of new/mod codes and the removal of many of the exceptions.
DOWNLOAD COPY OF PROGRAM BROCHURE
34 Cornell Drive
Nevaldine Center - Room NS111
Canton, NY 13617
|Member Rate (Local HBA/NAHB)||$ 45.00|
|Non-Member Rate||$ 95.00|